Wednesday 23 January 2013

CREATIVE IDENTITY

Tom launched the module last week for  Professional Practice and Promotion and discussed in detail the importance of our own 'Creative Identity' and how our portfolio and press pack, logo etc., should convey the essence of what we represent as designers.   This is an area I feel I need to pin down.  Last year the press pack I produced did not reflect the correct image or professionalism required to take with me when we finish and of course for the final show and New Designers.

It is very interesting and not a simple task to convey what you are as a 'brand'.   I have been scouring through graphic books and magazines pulling out images that I like.   I want my business cards to imply texture, line and mood.   I want to appeal to the craft and art market and have a tactile and artistic style.



Part of my ideas board


This was a mood board I produced to show Tom to give him an idea of the 'feel' of my logo and professional pack.  It shows texture and line.   I like to idea of having a stitched style label with my name on which could be produced on fabric or print.  White lettering on grey tracing paper and the bright colour against moody blues/greys/purples.

This is a starting point.   I need to play around with some more of my own abstract images and close ups of detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment