Wednesday 20 March 2013

Pylon Heaven Escape

Had meeting this week with Nick and Donna which helped enormously.   I have been swirling around going from one idea to another.  Working hard but due to one thing or another the ideas have not worked as I had hoped.   I had been struggling to transfer the quality of my mixed media pieces from paper to fabric - and it has been concerning me to the point where I had become stuck.   Having someone else look at the work from a different angle has helped and I am now working my way through a list of art pieces.

Today I have worked hard on translating a few photographs into sketches which have been painted and stitched.

Pylon station

Cylinders

Telegraph Pole and Birds


Section from Pylon



These I hope will be a collection of artwork and plate designs.    I have enjoyed getting on with the work and observing these peculiar objects in our landscape.   I have added my own quirky colours in a way I see them!



1 comment:

  1. Susan what are you worrying for?!... These are FAB!!!!!!!! Love them well done xx

    ReplyDelete