Saturday 16 March 2013

Giant Human Shaped Pylons



Design for High-Voltage Electrical Pylon International Design Competition


While looking for images of pylons I came across these amazing designs for enormous figures which would only require slight alterations to existing pylon designs.   They were designed by Choi and Shine and was submitted as a design for the Icelandic High-Voltage Electrical Pylon International Design Competition 2009 carrying electricity cables across the country's landscape.    Amazing.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, I met you today at the Knitting & Stitching Show. We were talking about 'pylons'!!!!! I explained that I also have a fascination with them and painted many for my own degree show, over 10 years ago now when I was going through my 'artist angst' about Dungeness Power Station in Kent. I am enjoying reading your Blog. Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found this blog I was trying to describe these to so many people. I have met so many people this week and there are a small group now like you who are prepared to admits they like pylons! I'm must get myself down to Dungeness to do research I know would love it.

      Delete