Wednesday 17 October 2012

It's a Rollercoaster

These two photographs are of Hilbre Island




The above photographs were taken at Hilbre Island on the Wirrall and the painting below was inspired by them.  I had my tutorial yesterday and they were very interested in this abstract landscape.  They liked the free form nature of it which I was please about because I personally liked it and want to develop more in this style.  I was surprised because although I liked it, I was unsure whether it had enough content/detail.

landscape detail of rock


I scanned this image in using the "map enhancer" which gave me vibrant colour contrast then adjusted the tonal threshold to create the image below which might be interesting on a screen.




black and white version
I do feel that I'm on a roller coaster one minute I'm happy with what I'm doing the next it's a disaster or its not what I want to achieve.  Nick said during the tutorial that you have to go through pain to get where you want to be.    I know exactly what he means,  its like a marathon you just have to keep running through the pain!  And that means experiment and work till something clicks.  I hope it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment