Wednesday 17 October 2012

TEXTURE * LINE * FORM

My theme for my final year is texture, line and form in the landscape and as I have posted previously I have been gathering Secondary research from all over.  Photographs of Ansel Adams, National Geographic showing large panaramic views and also interpretations of landscape such as the European Folk Art with their peasant landscapes which have a definite pattern and rhythm to them using flat large scale images.  But in my primary research my photographs of the English landscape I have taken close up images of lichen, bark, stone etc., which are beautiful in themselves.



Photograph of algae on rock
water colour and inks


I love the subtle colours and beauty of lichen.  I can see the shapes recreated in stitch marks and raised textures.


I've been experimenting with brusho, celephane and salt to help me create the intense colour and lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment