Wednesday 5 December 2012

Vertical/Abstract Landscape

This collection of Vertical Landscapes has been evolving.   I have been using heavy, painterly effects on this and strong colour combined with some print.

Wheat Landscape


Here I've scratched back against a vibrant yellow acrylic.   I've done a few of these compositions and also gone back to an early abstract landscape I posted earlier of red rock and have played around with the image on photoshop.  I know this is a big weakness in my lack of skills with the computer which frustrates me because I know it can produce some amazing things.   I tend to shy away from using it and so have been forcing myself to use the elements of it that I feel confident with.

Vertical rocks and birds


Close up detail of birds which have been stitched into.




I need to work on these and try to paint some more of the larger scale paintings which inspired this painting.




No comments:

Post a Comment