Wednesday 12 December 2012

FROST ON GRASSES


Only a few days to go now before the end of this module and preparation is in full swing.  I'm rushing around trying to pull the collections together.     The frost looks amazing this morning and I took a so I decided to take some photographs for my primary research file but by the time I'd got the camera out  the wintery sun had been obscured by the mist.   I took the photos anyone but I intend to go out during the Christmas break and record the landscape in the changeable weather.

Grasses with Frost
Grasses




While I was scanning some images in yesterday an art student mentioned a landscape artist Peter Doig he is a Turner Prize winner.


White Canoe by Peter Doig

I love the reflective nature  of the painting.

It reminded me that Lowry sometimes used to paint his canvases black then paint over with white.  I've painted up a piece of paper with black and when its dry intend to paint some grasses through white paint scratching out the surface.






















No comments:

Post a Comment