Tuesday 11 December 2012

CARAVAN! DECAYED BEAUTY

Composed Caravan Composite




Today I decided to re-examine my original primary photographic research to spark off some inspiration.   I remembered this photograph of a derelict caravan we came across in North Wales while on holiday. I love the weathered decay, the moss, algae and rust, its like the forest is reclaiming it.  I had another photograph of some birch trees (I think taken from some National Trust Garden we visited) and some photographs of the viaduct and woods near our home which were taken on a misty wintery day. 

I started playing around with the images on photoshop by taking the colour out of the pictures and changing the threshold levels then add touches of colour and played around with the satiation and opacity.   The caravan and the birch trees worked very well I felt they had a mystical quality and decided to crop and combine the two photographs together to create a new composition.  I then built around the caravan cutting and pasting more trees.    You can see all the fine detail of the branches creating, texture and a painterly effect.        

I have printed the photograph off onto watercolour paper so that I can stitch into and collage over the top I'm looking forward to this and if it is successful I may create a collection moody woody forms.



Original photographs


No comments:

Post a Comment