Wednesday 5 December 2012

Rocks, Reflections and Crags


Rocks, Reflections and Crags is a collection I have been developing using watercolour (wet on wet), bleeding colours together and also adding Brusho in powered form and liquid.   I painted the horizontal landscapes below first and added machine stitch to certain areas.



Horizontal Watercolour Landscapes

I decided to rip apart pieces of a landscape I wasn't happy with I with then stitched and collaged together an abstract reflective horizontal image which I quite like but  which needs more of a focal point   and detail.



Abstracted Reflections and Crags


For my Essay and Journal I have been studying Outsider Art and in particular Grayson Perry and Henry Dargar who both use collage in their work, in particular photographic images.  It occurred to me that it would be interesting to add my own photographs of landscape and detailed texture to these water colour images.   I may not have time to do this by the end of this sampling module but will pursue this next term.

I have also been researching painters and in particular those who work on cloth.  I particularly love Carole Waller.   She creates wearable art and wall pieces in site specific areas, often large scale and multilayered.




Carole Waller Clothes Collection






I love the vibrant colour and translucent nature of the the clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment