Wednesday 2 April 2014

Helmut Lemke Sound Artist




At the weekend I was privileged to have the opportunity to meet Sound Artist Helmut Lemke.  He was undertaking Portfolio Surgeries at Neo:gallery 22 Bolton.  He offered me some interesting critiques on my work which were very useful and informative.  

Knowing I would be meeting him I did some research on his own art practice and was intrigued.  He is German and moved to England about ten years ago.  He has been investigating sound for more than 35 years and has performed and exhibited process based work responding to his investigations.  He has worked in concert halls and out door markets, galleries, museums, the frozen seas of Greenland to Function Rooms in Pubs and International Festivals.


His work ranges from writing, drawing, photography, sound recording and performances and well worth looking at.  He has made me reassess how I look at my work and have confidence in what I like in it and respond to emotionally.





No comments:

Post a Comment