Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Coffee Art Project






Coffee Wood by Susan Syddall

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had entered The Coffee Art Project with the above art work.  The original illustrations were painted and machine stitched (of imaginary coffee trees) which I then transferred to acetate and pressed between perspex to create a wood.  I was really pleased to hear yesterday that I had been chosen to be in the final 40 art pieces.  

The concept of the Project is an art competition linked to the theme of coffee.  Emerging artists are encouraged to submit work which is then sold to raise funds and awareness for the Project Waterfall which supports clean water and sanitation initiatives.  This year it is in association with the Mbulu District in Tanzania,  in partnership with Water Aid Charity.

I feel really excited to be part of this inspiring project.   All the artwork will be sold at the end of the exhibition.


No comments:

Post a Comment