Thursday 14 February 2013

CREATIVE IDENTITY

Creating my own identity with my logo has been more difficult than I anticipated.  I found many images and styles that I liked but applying that to myself as a "textile artist" has been difficult.  Creating an image that shows both aspects.   It has been difficult because it requires a clear statement of how I see my work.  I want a sophisticated but artistic versatile logo that can be adapted to future design work but also relate to my final show!


Above I have been playing around with a couple of images on business cards, one that show the textile element of my work the other my art work.   These soft greys, blues, whites, and black reflect my final collection.



I like the idea of a circle and as in the illustration at the top of the blog I have added a line suggesting wool or cotton.
I found the font for my name difficult I wanted it to be simple.   By changing the lettering around I feel it gives a more contemporary feel.




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete