Friday 15 February 2013

VISITS AND PERSPEX!



My obsession this week is arranging visits to various creatives and secondly sourcing perspex.  These two things have been worrying me this week and finally today I feel I made a step forward.  I have a vision for my final show of sandwiching my work between two pieces of perspex like a museum specimen.  I want to do this on a relatively large scale and two things have been worrying me about this.   First, the PRACTICAL side.   Where to get the perspex, what size, what width of perspex, what thickness of perspex and WHAT PRICE!  As a visual person I like to see and touch things before I buy them and wanted a local manufacturer or supplier.   On  a trip out today to take more photographs of pylons I came across a small factory unit that can do what I want they were really helpful and cut a small piece for me to experiment with.





The second biggest WORRY is whether it will work or obscure and devalue my pieces.   I need to experiment with this idea and mock up some pieces.  At least I know where I can obtain the material from when and if I decide to do this.

There is so much to do I feel I'm just about keeping my head above water.  I'm filling my time with detail but I don't know whether all this is avoidance tactics  -  I need to get down to the practical work but feel stuck and in sheer panic.  Tomorrow I'm going to just work through my 'block' I usually find if I start to try loads of different ideas at the same time something sparks off my imagination!




No comments:

Post a Comment