Monday 4 February 2013

NEO ARTIST EXHIBITION



Ross Loveday Fine Art Prints







Had a full day today researching and printing from my photographs using the gum arabic method.  While I was there one of the artists said there was an excellent exhibition on at the Neo Artists Gallery in Bolton by Fine Art Printmaker Ross Loveday  which related to the type of work I have been doing.  So I made a visit and loved the work below:-






                          
   


Ross Loveday says  "The fine line which separates figuration and abstraction interests me,  time, place, weather and light alongside gesture, glimpse and memory.  The subjects are only the starting points - sometimes small insignificant details or texture triggers a complete piece."   He has won several prizes and has had work selected by the Prince of Wales and purchased for his private collection.  He uses Drypoint Carborundum printmaking which uses a mixture of carborundum (a gritty sand-like substance - and glue.  He draws directly into the plate using a sharp pointed steel tool to leave marks and furrows in the plate.


I love these textured pieces.  It is what  I have been trying to achieve with paint,  print and stitch.  They have wonderful depth and quality.
It has made me think I want to experiment with all different forms of print.


No comments:

Post a Comment