Thursday 28 February 2013

From Neo to Hotbed Press! Studios!



Hotbed Studios

Hotbed Studios

Hotbed Studios



As part of my research I have been looking at all sorts of studios.   I hope to share a studio with a colleague when I finish so this is of great interest to me.   I have used the print room at Neoartists in Bolton before and they are very helpful.  They are quite reasonable in price and accessible.  This week however I went to see Hotbed Press Studios in Salford, they were running a short course on painterly screen printing and took the opportunity to see what facilities they have.   

Both are good spaces but what they don't offer is a space to sell direct to the public.   Manchester Craft Centre and Cedar Farm both have this facility.   You have a small workspace and selling area.  I visited Manchester Craft Centre this week.  It's a beautiful Victorian building but there are no shops available at present and they are more expensive to rent.  What I did notice was they have recently opened an area to do workshops which are useful to generate extra income.

Manchester Craft Centre

Inside Manchester Craft Centre

Cafe at Manchester Craft Centre

Corridor leading to Studios 

No comments:

Post a Comment