Thursday 28 February 2013

Down to Basics





Digital Print Sample on Velvet

Add caption

Digital Print Samples



I've  been really stuck these last couple of weeks, blocked by the amount of work to do but also the process of designing.    I have extended my collection to include pylons, telegraph poles etc but I need to combine this with other elements in the landscape.

What's really worrying me is how can I reproduce the tactile quality of my paper pieces.  The other day I scanned in some mixed media pieces, altered the threshold to create black and white images for acetates for silk screening and I'll work with these on different fabrics.

I have printed off three digital pieces but they need work to make them interesting.  The first fabric proved to be dull and lifeless but the samples above produced on velvet were better but the fabric was difficult to work with and kept crumpling in the machine.  It required two of us to hold down the fabric in place.    

I've bought some dyes to create painted effects on cloth similar to the marks I can make on paper.  I need to have the same approach I use to paper as I do with cloth and not be frightened to experiment.




No comments:

Post a Comment