Wednesday 20 February 2013

Land Art at the Whitworth







On visiting the Whitworth to see the Richard Lang Exhibition I was struck once again by this installation in the grounds outside which has been there for some time now.  I love the beauty of the tree roots and it always makes me smile.




Richard Lang

Richard Lang




I visited the Whitworth Art Gallery to see the work of Land Art of Richard Lang (unfortunately I was unable to take my own photographs of the work due to copyright issues)  but I enjoyed the exhibition and feel it is interesting in relation to my own theme of pattern in landscape.   He seems to take the beauty of natural material and manipulate it in various locations.  Another view of the landscape is shown in the  current exhibition of John Piper and his Snowdonian watercolour landscapes.  These were beautiful atmospheric paintings.













No comments:

Post a Comment